Dr. Jagdish Chander
Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Dr. Chander completed MS (General Surgery) from AIIMS, New Delhi. Prior to joining Jaypee Hospital, he was Director Professor and Head, Minimal Access Surgery at Maulana Azad Medical College and Hospital, New Delhi. A fellow of the International College of Laparoscopic Surgeons, he was honored with the “State award for excellence in Medicine” by the Government of NCT, Delhi. He has many fellowships including organ transplantation from University of Pittsburgh, USA; University of Wisconsin and Medical Centre, Madison, USA.
- India Today Award for Excellence in Health Care, 2016
- Times Healthcare Achievers Award, 2017
- Life Member Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member Delhi State Chapter of ASI
Experience & Area of Interest
- Dr. Chander is an able teacher and has guided and trained more than 100 doctors in General Surgery and 6 doctors in post doctoral FNB course in Minimal Access Surgery. He has more than 40 publications in the prestigious international journals. His published series on laparoscopic choledochoduodenostomy is the largest in the world.
Area Of Interest
- Dr. Chander is adept in performing a wide range of surgical procedures including advanced laparoscopic procedures and management of polytrauma. He has to himself the credit of performing the maximum number of laparoscopic CBD explorations and laparoscopic pyelolithotomies in India with excellent results. He has performed more than 30,000 advanced laparoscopic surgeries that include nephrectomies, adrenalectomies, colectomies, gastrectomies, esophagectomies, Whipple’s procedure and bariatric surgeries and was also one of the first to perform immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy for breast cancer.